Monday, August 11, 2014

(much more than) couleur locale...

somewhere in Basque country!

Nothing more exhilarating than while touring a country for the first time, to come face to face with its people celebrating their ethnicity! In this very special tour I am taking, I have been learning Basque history, mythology and legend, their social and political stand and suddenly finding myself in the midst of a national pride festival made this new for me chapter of human history very much real! 
I almost felt like joining in...
these photos were taken in Vitoria-Gasteiz, August 9, 2014

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Anna! Well, I like most festivals. And there was a man in this town of Basque descent. His name had been Anglicised, but he remembered his father speaking the old language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very special place, Di, and they do speak their very own language, a very unique language indeed.
      Greetings from a misty Gijon.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails