Saturday, July 16, 2011

around my studio...


Can't hide my enormous joy on the acquisition of my second "new"old nipping press!
I can't believe how beautiful it is, how it compliments the english screen I have in the corner of my studio and how it just feels belonging there!!!
So while I am in between projects, I am taking a small break from my normal fully engaging work and I am exploring traditional Japanese origami folding techniques.
I am surrounded by small pieces of paper for a change, no inks for a while, beautiful tiny sculptured bits and pieces in front of me and when I lift my head... I can't help but smile at my book press standing there and looking totally at home!

Here is an old post for my very first book press

5 comments:

  1. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever..."
    And those fishes!
    Now, if I could source something like this locally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning press - and it looks like it was made for your studio it fits so perfectly. Have fun with folding the paper - it's quite addictive in its own way - such lovely forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must smile every time you walk in the room and see that! WOW!!! Congrats! And happy folding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AM- agree with others that is one stunning press - form and function? Have you tested it? Does it press consistently and gently. How old is it? Where does it come from? etc etc. Fiona would say - why do you need to know all that - such a 'boy' thing. Anyway it looks great; and glad it makes you smile. B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails