Thursday, April 14, 2011

the beginning and end...

of a southern belle!


Here are three stages in the very short life of a magnolia bloom.
Everything about her is grand: the sparkling pure white when she first blooms, the extremely strong and at the same time gentle lemony perfume, the super fast shape and color transformation, the shedding of the stamens...
I have an enormous magnolia tree in the front of my house and right now through its countless enormous blooms is giving me a true spectacle of beauty, of life and death...

7 comments:

  1. Anna,
    You don't need me to tell you these photographs are stunning. What a magnificent bloom. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo stunning is right! mmmm I can almost SMELL the magnolia blooms from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... just wow. Love these photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite trees. The stunning blooms are perfectly displayed here with your usual elegant and sensitive touch. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley,
    Ronnie,
    Ellen,
    Carol,
    Your words generated in me as much emotion as looking at the beauty of this flower...
    Thank you so much for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anna,

    I particularly love the last image, the lighting is absolutely perfect, bringing out the colours of the magnolia. The settings in which you have placed the grand flower is all fitting.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Warmest reagards,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails