Friday, November 19, 2010

exhilarating snippets of...

views / stuff seen in the course of a day!!!



These are moments that some sort of magic happens and I am lucky to have my camera near by...
These "views" are seen (and oh! so greatly appreciated), when I am in the "taking time to smell the roses" state of mind...  
What I call magic is really not magic at all! It's a whole bunch of things I am surrounded with, views belonging to my everyday landscape that at certain times just touch me in a very extraordinary way.
The sight of a tree's brunches hanging with moss and swaying in the autumn breeze (a rather  ordinary encounter for us living in the south), the huge creature standing still on my front door's frame, the sky ablaze with a show of light happening while I am stuck in traffic, the Beatles greeting me first thing yesterday morning when I opened my browser, looking as fresh and as exciting as I remember them aeons ago...
I am so happy I looked up and saw the Spanish moss glowing in the autumn sun, so glad I am not scared of unknown critters anymore, so thrilled I didn't let the aggravation from rush hour traffic stop me from smiling at the play of light and clouds, and finally I am so ecstatic I still remember how the Beatles made me feel...

4 comments:

  1. one more thing I am thrilled about: LPC commenting in such deeply satisfying way!
    beauteous... indeed!!!
    thank you Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who remembers the Beatles the first time around has to be a 'child of the 60's' just like me!With new music finding so many avenues to be heard in these days it's easy to forget just how different they were. The fantastic music of our youth... yeah, yeah,yeah,yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna It's so lovely to stop and catch the extraordinary in the ordinary moments in our lives. I love that other folk stop and gaze in wonder at the slightest something that just reminds us we live in a wonderful world - thanks for stopping, capturing them and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails