Sunday, August 8, 2010

my favorite spot!



Although it's way too hot, still in the mornings it feels good to sit in the veranda and have coffee with the Beatles! I try to act as if it is much cooler, and my plants contribute to this make believe effort, a lot! The begonias blooming in the shade, the crape myrtles all pink, the cicadas  shrilling their heads off (actually their abdomens), oh well this is the south!
As for the cicadas, in my effort to understand all this noise..., I found this:
"That singing you hear are the male cicadas calling the females. The song is sung by means of two special vibrating membranes in the sides of the abdomen. Females do not call, but evidently they do answer."
I guess my taste is totally on the opposite end from the female cicadas'...

2 comments:

  1. Love the Sgt. Pepper cushion! Did you print it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings dear Anna,

    I love the spot and especially the Sgt. Pepper pillow. Beetles are certainly timeless.

    Only once have I heard the sound of cicada's and I feel in love with. It is also a beautiful looking insect.

    Wishing you a wonderful start to the week,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails