Tuesday, April 13, 2010

work table: stages!

I have been busy. There is no higher "high" than having a work successfully completed. The mess preceding it suddenly takes the aura of a landscape worth capturing, and sometimes when luck strikes big and the unintentional "errors" become great meaningful elements of that particular work... well, then it's truly time to celebrate!  Even though your body hurts, your hands and nails  (sometimes even the face) are covered with thick layers of several colors of ink (the tell tale signs of hours of the creation process), and you still have the hours worth of mess waiting for the good hour required to clean up..., believe me you still feel like dancing! It's like you've reached the stars and nothing else matters: that's the true high and the greatest gift your work gives you back!
I have no photos to share of all the mess just described, but here are some moments captured from my cleaner type of artwork I do and LOVE doing. A "view" of my worktable during two different Artists' Books assembling. Also a photo of my invitation mailing to an art exhibit where my work it's included.
Actually samples of my work are going to be shown in three different art shows the next couple of months! If you are anywhere near, please go and have a look and let me know...
Visual Arts Alliance Juried Exhibition - April 29 - May 28, Williams Tower Gallery - Houston, Texas, USA
Inventive Structures: Books beyond the Codex - May 14 -  June 25, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Greek artists’ books: Contemporary artworks & editions ArtAthina - May 13 - 16, Athens, Greece

2 comments:

  1. just wonderful photos of creative chaos! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I love, love, love your work! I too enjoy the process of assembling both fabrics and papers and am in the process of making some artists books.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails