Saturday, March 13, 2010

rodeo season!

    my leather boots and their "portrait": sumi ink, watercolor on xuan paper.
This time of the year the rodeo comes to town; as a result a western dress-up frenzy takes over  the whole city and the far west theme appears everywhere!  For about a month you see boots, you hear country, you smell BBQ and suddenly after the rodeo's official city entrance parade reaches its final destination and home for the duration of the month, then you can't help but admit that yes, this is indeed a cowboy land! 
A few years ago I fell in love with this pair of boots, bought them and wore them at a rodeo function - my only "seasonal" accessory except of course some American Indian vintage turquoise pieces I am lucky enough to have... These boots are the reason I finally fell for the rodeo masquerade! I liked them so much, I ended up using them as a model for my watercolor painting in the photograph.  Every year both the boots and the painting come to surface and become part of my home's rodeo season decorative "touch". The boots continued to inspire me... and the  painting as well! They both appeared in all sorts of design projects as you can see in the following images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails