Sunday, February 28, 2010

my true fortune...


It's almost the end of a Saturday, the end of a day, and maybe because it's late in the night, maybe because it's the end of a week, almost the end of a month..., maybe because throughout my life I've often felt and got to know real well what being lonely means, what being all by one's self means, far away from one's homeland and loved ones, maybe because of that I feel so strongly tonight the wealth that true friendships shower us with...  
I feel so fortunate to be in a position to recognize how the presence of true friends makes the absence of family, the distance separating us from loved ones- from our own- almost fade away. Because tonight, for a few hours in the presence of friends, I was allowed to open up and express the pain, the sorrow, the disappointment and the ever present wish for the ideal relationships to re-emerge... Just because tonight in the company of true friends I felt comfortable enough to express the pain, the wondering, the regret that life and human condition weighs upon us, marks and shapes our days, nights and dreams and at the same time  how this same human condition makes us strong enough to permit us to hope for all misunderstandings to be cleared, for all wrongs to be corrected and to wish again for the time that we will be surrounded with our loved ones like we've always wished to be.
Tonight, for a few hours in the company of true friends I felt comfortable enough to express the pain of how it is and the wish of how it should be; tonight I feel ever so grateful for the friends I have, for their existence, presence and company.
Tonight I am once again so aware of what a true wealth friendship is and I am so very thankful for the friendships I have.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your experience was quite healing and will set you out on a journey of finding even more loving relationships. I wish that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna,

    I am happy to learn that you were able to unburden yourself and be yourself and that you were surrounded by friends who did not judge or critique you.

    There is much we share, living in a land that is now our host country and missing certain things from the homeland.

    I look forward to when we can have another phone conversation.

    Warmest regards,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails