Saturday, February 6, 2010

my hearts...

Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix, comme s'ouvrent les fleurs aux baisers de l'aurore! 
Ferdinand Lemaire
I love the symbolism a heart represents in both popular culture and religion; perhaps as a result of this  interest, I have always been drawn to collecting heart shaped objects as well as making all kinds of heart shaped "things" like the cushions in the photograph above...
I have drawn hearts, painted hearts, embroidered and quilted hearts, even baked hearts for my children's tea time and also for my grown up dear ones! My hearts are spread around my home throughout the year, but each February for obvious reasons, they are joined by all sorts of other hearts and in their company they add to the Valentine's mood that this time of the year dictates...

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful collection Anna, I too love the symbol of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna,

    I second the words of my friend Caterina, for this is a wonderful collection .

    Warmest regards,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails