Friday, September 18, 2009

rhythms...

It's always so interesting to discover associations, links, or as in this case a very predictable evolution, or sequence of thought in one's work. Here is an example. All of last week I have been working on a series of monoprints, while thinking that I was starting something so definitely different from previous work. Then, at a certain moment, I lifted my head and looked towards the other side of the room; and there it was: "interruption", the paper structure I completed last week! In the warm light of an afternoon ray of sun, it appeared as an apocalyptic revelation; suddenly it was so evident the starting point of this week's ink movement experimentation! Last week's "interruption" changing into these current rhythms of light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails