Thursday, April 30, 2009

for May 1st...


Lately I have been thinking of my childhood years; revisiting  the rituals while growing up, the good memories. There were good times filled with the warmth, joy and excitement generated by the presence of my sisters and all the magical beautiful things they were doing...
At this time of the year Dina will make the May wreath: the most beautiful, most unique fragrant fresh flower wreath that we will hang by the front door to "welcome" the month of May, to greet spring. Today while I was talking to her on the phone, I made this miniature wreath with jasmine branches from my garden. It's my way to celebrate the memory of those long ago springs, when in a far away place a little girl  was beaming from joy just by being in the company of her sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails